Biological Engineering or Biotechnological Engineering is the field of engineering that attracts on biotechnologies and biological science. In It includes several disciplines such as biomedical engineering, biochemical engineering, bio-process engineering, biosystem engineering atc. or many. Because of the novelty of the field, bio reserchers is still not clearly defined. However, in general it is an integrated approach of fundamental biological sciences and traditional engineering principles.
An Biotechnologists are often worked to scale up bio processes from the laboratory scale to the production scale. Moreover, as with most reserchers, they often deal with economic, management, and legal issues. Since patents and regulation (for e.g., U.S. Food and Drug Administration control in the U.S.) are very significant issues for biotech enterprises, bioengineers are often required to have study or knowledge related to these type of issues.The increasing number of biotech enterprises is likely to create a require for bioengineers or experts in the years to come. Many universities throughout the world are now providing programs in bioengineering and biotechnology field.
Biotechnology engineering is the field of good opportunity future perspectives. No other country in the world today has the unique set of significance that India offers for large-scale practice of biotechnology engineering. India is one of the largest bio in the world. Biotechnology engineering is a combination of Biology and Engineering Technology and is an applied science.You can pursue Bioinformatics(Bio and information technology), which is an application of biotech, an interdisciplinary field which solves biological problems using computational techniques.It plays a key role in several areas, such as functional genomics, structural genomics, and proteomics.Another option is Biomedical Engineering, which uses engineering expertise to analyse and solve problems in Biology and Medicine, providing an overall enhancement of healthcare.An important contribution of biomedical engineering is in the design and development of prosthetic devices which replace or promote the function of missing, inoperative, natural organs or body parts.
It differ with univ you going to pursue. but the general subjects u will study are - cell biology, biochemistry, bio organic chemistry, plant and animal biotechnology, downstream processing, microbiology, bio informatics,molecular biology, bio pharma.then other general subjects like maths(first 4 sem) ,phy & chem(2 sem). english .then some other dept paper like engg mechanics, mass transfer, principles of chemical engg,basic electrical & electronics..etc.
Other Core Subjects-
• Bioprocess Engineering
• Chemical Reaction Engineering
• Protein Engineering
Thease are the some top books to study to biotechnology engineering field-
1. Career Development in Bioengineering and Biotechnology (Series in Biomedical Engineering) by Guruprasad Madhavan,
Barbara Oakley, Luis Kun and B. Alberts (Nov 3, 2008).
2. Basic Transport Phenomena in Biomedical Engineering,Third Edition by Ronald L. Fournier (Aug 26, 2011).
3. Introduction to Biomedical Engineering, Second Edition by John Enderle, Susan M. Blanchard and Joseph Bronzino (Apr 20,
4.Medical Device Technologies: A Systems Based Overview Using Engineering Standards (Academic Press Series in Biomedical...
by Gail Baura (Oct 21, 2011).
5.Biotechnology: Applying the Genetic Revolution by David P. Clark BA (honors)Christ's College Cambridge 1973.
6. PhD University of Brsitol (England) 1977 and Nanette J. Pazdernik (Sep 19, 2008).
SCOPE AND FUTURE-
Biotechnology is High scopic field for future with good job future perspectives. followings are some important things for Biotechnology in India. current biotechnology madeup of at least twenty-five areas each area being characterized by the use of a different set of technologies. Biotechnology engineering are always non-polluting and, often, labour intensive. They make use of replenishable natural resources and help to their conservation. They do help in , directly or indirectly, in saving energy. The cost of products produced through a biotechnological process is almost always less than that of the same product product produced, say, through a chemical synthetic route. Biotechnologies are less accident-prone. In spite of their high level of intellectual sophistication, it is easier to learn people to control biotechnologies than other technologies. Above all, they are interesting and exciting for all those involved with them.
The Indian advantage
India offers for large-scale practice of biotechnolog compare to other major countries. We have one of the bigest bio in the world. We also have one of the largest coastlines anywhere. We have at least seven several distinct climatic zones all over india and one of the largest and most varied sets of marine organisms. The ambient temperature in most parts of the country is just what living organisms need for their activities that result in a biotechnological product production. This curtails immensely the cost of cooling or heating which becomes obligatory for the practice of biotechnology in most parts of the Western world. There are places on the Indian coast where there is uninterrupted sunshine for some 340 days in the year so that one can grow marine organisms in open raceways.
We have an compatible infrastructure and a greate pool of trained manpower, with knowledge in most of the areas of biotechnology. Our labor and infrastructure costs are, imagic, lower than anywhere else where biotechnology engineering can be done and is being done, with the possible exception of China country. We have large tracts of land available for growing the desired type of plants essential for agriculture-based biotechnology engineering. We have experience of building world-class institutions in virtually every sector of human endeavor – from outstanding basic research to efficient industrial production. We have, of course, many problems but we also know how to overcome them. It is a pity that we started much later in biotechnology than we could have but, even now, the prospects for the future are bright.
In india many usese or application of Biotechnology such as development of various several medicines, vaccines, increase of productivity, improvement of quality of seeds, insecticides and fertilizers, conservation and animal breeding.You can work in pharmaceutical companies, chemical, agriculture and allied industries, bio-processing industries, research laboratories run by the government as well as the corporate sector.
Some major companies of biotechnology engineering in India are:-
1.Hindustan Lever Ltd.
5.Indo-American Hybrid seeds.
6.Biocon India Ltd.
8.Tata Engineering Research Institute
9. India Vaccines Corporation.
1. Sathyabama University, Chennai Affiliated To: Established In : 1987
Location : Jeppiaar Nagar,Old Mamallapuram Road, Chennai– 600 119. Tel : 044–2450 3150 / 51 / 52/ 54 / 55 Fax : 044–2450 2344 , Website : http://www.sathyabamauniv.ac.in/
2, Acharya Institute of Sciences, Bangalore, Affiliated To : Bangalore University and Recognized by Govt. of Karnataka
Established In : 2000, Location : #3, Lingadheeranahalli, Off Magadi Road, Karnataka Bangalore-560091,India 8023543913, 9880787317, 0802354141, Website : http://aihs.ac.in/
3. Gunamay Majumdar Institute of Science & Technology, Kolkata, Affiliated To : The Global Open University, Established In : 2009, Location : 15/1 Plot No. 345 Sahapur Colony New Alipore, Kolkata -700 053 West Bengal, India Phone : + 91-33-24987905, + 91-9432670160, Website : http://gmist.net/
4. International Institute of Information Technology(IIIT-P), Pune, Affiliated To : AICTE, Established In : 1950, Location : P-14, Pune Infotech Park, Phase - 1, Hinjawadi, Pune-411057 Tel: 91-9822617898, Website : http://www.isquareit.ac.in/
5. Universal School of Biosciences. , Delhi/NCR, Affiliated To :, Established In :, Location : A- 68 Sector 51 Noida- 201 301 (UP) India Tel: +91-120-4541656 , +91-120-2482889 email@example.com, Website : http://usb.org.in/
6. Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Affiliated To :, Established In :, Location : Lovely Professional University, Lovely Campus, Jalandhar - Delhi G.T. Road (NH-1), Phagwara, Punjab (India) - 144402, Website : http://lpu.in
7. Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics, Chennai, Affiliated To :, Established In :, Location : 34/9, 2nd Floor, Kuppuswamy Complex, Rajabathar Street, Pondy Bazar, Near Rathna Fan House (Behind Naidu Hall) T Nagar, Chennai-600017 Telephone: 044-32417313, Website : http://igiaindia.in/
8. St.George College of Management, Science & Nursing , Bangalore, Affiliated To : Bangalore University, Established In : 1998
Location : OMBR Layout, Banaswadi, Bangalore - 560 033 Ph : 25450193/194 Fax : 25458573 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.stgeorgecollege.org/
9. Sharda Group of Institutions, Noida - Delhi/NCR, Affiliated To :, Established In : 1996, Location : Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida Ph: +91-120-3121001, Website : http://www.sgei.org
10 The Oxford Educational Institute , Bangalore, Affiliated To :, Established In :, Location : C.A. Site No. 40, 1st Phase, J.P. Nagar, Bangalore - 560 078, KARNATAKA, INDIA Tel.: 080-26630855, Website : http://www.theoxford.edu/
Biotechnology Engineering Scope, Biotechnology Engineering Books, Biotechnology Engineering Subjects, Biotechnology Engineering Colleges, Biotechnology Engineering, Biotechnology Engineering Future, Biotechnology Engineering In India